About Us

The Black River Fire Department, Inc. was originally organized as "The Black River Fire Company No. 1"  September 4, 1890.  It was then Incorporated as the same on January 3, 1891. Known today as the Black River Fire Department, Inc.

The Black River Fire Department Incorporated, is an all volunteer fire department, located in the Village of Black River New York. The Black River Fire Department answers on average 100 to 130 calls per year.

The Black River Fire Department, Inc. Provides fire protection to the Village of Black River and portions of the Town of LeRay and Town of Rutland, as well as provide mutual aid to surrounding fire departments.


© 2019 Black River Fire Department Inc.